Friday, July 25, 2008

Adventure learning

Today, I had adventure learning and the experience turn out to be some what unexpected. First, the programme started off with a story told by one of the instructors which was related to fear and how do overcome it so as to encourage the people to step out of their comfort zone and approach the high elements. After all the introduction and stuffs, we started the activity. My class,W24B, was the 2nd class to go and we waited for almost 2 hours then it was our turn because some of the people from the 1st class were stuck in the obstacles. When it was our class turn, all of us just breeze through the obstacles in no time. Through this programme I gained a revelation. Imagine the high elements as your walk with God, and God is the safety harness while the obstacle course is your trials and tribulations. During this high elements walk, your safety harness will always be attached to you and will help you throughout this walk and it is the only safety device to protect you. There will be a lot of obstacles in this walk but the only thing that is able to support you throughout this walk is only the safety harness and no matter what it will not let go of you. This tells me that throughout my walk with God, he will always be there with me by my side, never letting me go even if I fall or when I am facing trials, he will be the only one that can pull me back up. Every step I take, is a step of faith and it brings me one step closer into finishing my walk with God. No matter what trials and tribulations I have, I will always be clinging on to God.

0 comments: