Saturday, April 16, 2011

Spiritual Diary of DC class (21 Jan 2011)

Joshua:
Hi Amber,
From yesterday's discipleship class, it was really a "wake up call" for me. Reflecting on myself, on my leadership the way I lead my Christian walk. I realised that many of times I failed being a good shephard not knowing my sheeps well and not loving them as much as a good shepherd should and I repented from that. As what you've told me about love will compell me to do things to love people, sometimes I find it hard to love people, I just don't know why but I pray with my heart that God will change me to really love people genuinely its still an area that I really need a breakthrough in. This has also lead me to think about being a cell group leader whether am I fit enough to be leading and loving a group of people because I'm afraid that if I take up a group I'll be a hireling rather than a good shepherd and their lives are in my hands, however, I will not give upon my dreams and keep on working hard and loving God and people. :D

Best Regards,
Joshua

Amber's Response:
Dear Josh...

Love compels.. I really hope that this is a year where you can really have breakthru in this area. You need to WANT to care for your sheep and have revelation on what you are doing. But you must also know that love is a fruit of holy spirit and fruit meaning it takes time to develop. You need to surrender more of your life to Holy Spirit and the fruit will develop over time. Obedience is a good way to surrender and develop fruits.

Also you must learn to be pastoral to your pple. Care for them and treat them like your own. Everytime I will always ask myself this question. For eg. What would Jesus do if he knows that Joshua is having FYP? The what whould Jesus do question works for me. So maybe you can make it a habit in your life too...

Jia you in God!
Amber

0 comments: