Friday, July 4, 2008

Love

Was chatting on the phone with Kai Xiang last night and during this conversation, lots and lots of thoughts just flowed through my mind. Then the word Love just keep appearing, therefore, I decided to search the meaning of it and post it up, here is what I found.

Love



The Christian understanding is that love comes from God, they believe that to Love Godwith all your heart, mind, and strength and Love your neighbor as yourself are the two most important things in life.

The definition only mentioned about Loving God and your neighbor which are the two greatest commandments. Although loving God is the most important but loving your neighbor, which is about loving the people around you is also important, and I feel that some people are really neglecting this point. Minor things such as greeting each other might not mean much to some people but it might be a gesture of love and care towards some. Knowing this, Love comes in the small things you do for people and it might also be teared apart by not doing so.


*1 Corinthians 13*

1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.
2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.
4 Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; 5 does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil;6 does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth;7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
8 Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away.
9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part.
10 But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.
11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.
13 And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

*Visible Love opens invisible Hearts*

0 comments: